Thank you for visiting our website, if your query is still not answered then please email us at or call at 01772 348302. We are open Monday to Friday 9 am-5 pm

A property that is advertised as coming soon is something that we are expecting but we might not have the full details available.  They are there to let applicants know that something will become available in the near future.  
Once we have a confirmed date, the property will be available to view and we will usually arrange an open house where a number of applicants will be invited to view it.

You can submit your interest through the website or our social media pages. We will assess the applications in line with the landlord/asset owner's requirements and arrange multi-viewings with the most suitable applicants.

If an applicant views and wants to proceed they would need to pay a holding fee of one week's rent, this would confirm that the applicant is serious and we would arrange credit checks once the ‘holding fee’ had been paid into the bank account.  We would not arrange the checks until this has been done and we will not hold any properties until this is paid.  This amount paid will later be deducted from the rent in advance payment.

To be considered for a property, please confirm the following:
1. You have the rent in advance and the deposit available
2. You will pass credit checks
3. You have suitable references
4. You have all your 'Right to Rent' documents as this is a legal requirement
5. You are in a position to move when the property will be ready to let
6. You do not over occupy the property as this could invalidate insurance

This information would be available in the advert of the property, there are some restrictions in mortgages & insurance that state the properties are to be let to professionals or students only.

If a landlord can accept such applicants then rent would usually be the local housing allowance rate, as a higher rent could cause hardship with a potential risk around affordability.

Most landlords would require a guarantor if the applicant is in receipt of benefits as they can not obtain landlord protection insurance if the tenant is not professional. A guarantor would need to be in full-time employment and be a homeowner.

If you miss an appointment that has been arranged you could be re-charged the cost incurred for this unsuccessful visit. It is important that you notify us with over 24 hours notice if you can not make an appointment so that the contractor can offer the appointment to someone else. Missing appointments could result in a landlord deciding not to renew the tenancy at the end of the fixed term.
An inspection would be carried out within the first three months of the tenancy commencing. They would then be booked in annually or more frequently depending on if there is any concern raised.
Below is the list of documents that we will need from you-
1. Proof of ID for all household member
2. Proof of income
3. Proof of address
4. References from landlord/employer
5. Guarantor info (if required)

We are required by law to check the ID of all tenants looking to rent. For those renting in England, documents must also satisfy Right to Rent regulations.

List A (Group 1): We can accept any one of the documents from the list below on its own. 
  • UK passport.
  • Registration certificate or document certifying permanent residence of EEA/Swiss national.
  • UK Home Office issued EEA family permit or Swiss national card. 
  • UK Home Office issued a Biometric residence permit for EEA or Swiss national with unlimited stay.
  • Passport or travel document endorsed with unlimited leave.
  • UK immigration status endorsed with unlimited leave.
  • A certificate of naturalisation or registration as a British citizen.
List A (Group 2): Acceptable document combinations which show an unlimited right to rent (any two of the below to be shown in combination)  
  • UK Birth Certificate or adoption certificate.
  • Full or provisional UK driving license.
  • A letter from HM prison service.
  • A letter from a UK Government Department or Local Authority
  • A letter from the National Offender Management Service.
  • Evidence of current or previous service in the UK Armed Forces.
  • A letter from a police force confirming that certain documents have been reported or stolen.
  • A letter from a private rented sector access scheme.
  • A letter from a UK further or higher education institution.
  • A letter of attestation from a UK passport holder working in an acceptable profession.
  • Benefits paperwork.
  • Criminal record check.

List B: Documents which show a time-limited right to rent
  • A valid passport endorsed with a time-limited period.
  • UK Home Office issued Biometric residence card permit for EEA or Swiss national.
  • UK Home Office issued non-EEA national residence card with a time-limited stay.
  • UK immigration status document with a time-limited endorsement from the Home Office.

If you rent a property from us and the rent has always been paid on time and the property is in good order and there have been no complaints of nuisance we may consider you to transfer to another property providing you pass affordability and have the rent and deposit available. If there have been tenancy-related issues it is unlikely this would be approved.
You can ask your local council for help if the neighbour dispute involves an activity that is damaging to health or a nuisance. This is known as a ‘statutory nuisance’.
This could include:
  • noise (including loud music and barking dogs)
  • artificial light (except street lamps)
  • dust, steam, smell or insects from business premises
  • smoke, fumes or gases
  • a build-up of rubbish that could harm health

We always recommend that your spare key is kept with a friend or relative so you have access should you lose it. If you have not done this you would be responsible for the cost of a replacement or organizing and payment for the lock change if required.
Yes, permission would be required if there are any changes to the number of household members.
We would contact you towards the end of tenancy and advise what the new rental amount would be should you be in a position to stay.
If after vacating the property is returned in the same condition it is let in and it is free from damage and rubbish the deposit will be returned with no deductions.
Parking will be included in the advert. Some properties do not have allocated parking so this needs to be considered if you have a vehicle.
You would usually be in a fixed-term tenancy as per the contract signed. On occasion, this may be waived but a fee charged.
You would either have a six or 12-month contract. If it was agreed that the tenancy would roll on a month by month at the end of the fixed period then one month's notice would be required should you wish to vacate.
This will be stated in the advert. If it is included there may be a maximum amount that can be used and if the applicant goes over this amount they would need to pay for this additional amount.
You would need to notify us of any changes in circumstances that happen throughout the tenancy.
The deposit will be stored in the government-approved DPS account.
It will be paid into the account within 30 days of the tenancy commencing and will be stored here until the tenancy has ended.
If at the end of the tenancy the property is returned in the same condition it was let in and the property is in a clean and tidy condition with no damages, then the deposit would be returned. If there’s any damages or changes a deduction would be made from the deposit. Photographic evidence would be used to show how the property was let and how it was returned.

Changes in decoration, replacing curtains/blinds etc and leaving the property in a bad state could result in a deduction in deposit. If there is a dispute between the landlord and the outgoing tenant and the DPS need to look into the dispute it can take a lengthy period of time to resolve.
It can take up to one month for the deposit to be returned.  If the property is returned to us in the same condition it was let out in and there are no damages or charges, in such case the deposit is usually returned promptly.  
Usually, a minimum of a month's rent in advance and a deposit is required at the start of the tenancy.
The amount of rent and deposit would normally be on the advert
This would usually be the tenants, but it would be stated on the advertisement.  
This can be found on the government website; you just need to put in the postcode and the council tax banding should pop up.
Missing rental payments could result in the tenant being ended at the end of the fixed-term contract. It is very important that your rental payments are kept up to date as much as possible. As it could present issues for future when if you would need a reference for a new landlord since the rental statement would show delays in payments.
If you can no longer pay your rent you need to contact us as soon as possible so we can look at some options together.  If you fail to engage with us on time and the tenancy falls into arrears then steps will be taken to gain possession of the property.  
Some properties do have gardens, and this would be stated in the advertisement.
If an applicant accepted a property with a garden, it would usually be their responsibility to maintain the garden unless stated otherwise in the tenancy agreement.  
This would be discussed on a case by case basis but most landlords would want the property to be retuned in the same condition it was let out in. If you decorate and the landlord needs to employ a decorator at the end of tenancy to put the property back to the original condition the cost could be deducted from the deposit.
You would need to request permission to make any alterations to any property. This would need to be approved by the landlord.
You would need to contact us on the emergency telephone number or through your online portal.
You would be responsible for either repairing the item or a deduction would be taken out of the deposit. The amount taken would be for the cost of the appropriate contractors attendance and for the replacement item.
This will be stated in the advert but a number of factors will need to be considered if pets are accepted. The rental amount and deposit would usually increase too.
This will be discussed on a case-by-case basis depending on the property type. And there are usually additional rental costs if pets are accepted in a property which would be stated in the advertisement.